When it comes to risk assessment and diagnosis of prenatal aneuploidy and pre-eclampsia, PerkinElmer Genomics offers you a one-stop solution from non-invasive biochemical screening in first trimester to diagnostic testing through cytogenetics, molecular genetics and genetic counseling.
Our prenatal serum screening solutions cover not only every stage of pregnancy but also the entire range of modern screening strategies and the latest advances in prenatal care.
Full support for earlier detection
In the first trimester, our assays – PAPP-A, free hCGß, PlGF and AFP – provide effective screening for aneuploidy and other complications of pregnancy. The markers can be used as part of the dual (PAPP-A, free hCGß) or enhanced FTS (PAPP-A, free hCGß, PlGF and AFP) model when ultrasound is available or with enhanced FTS biochemistry-only model.
Our dried blood spot (DBS) assay is optimized for dual marker screening.
First Trimester Markers
PerkinElmer Genomics’ Prenatal Screening Program
- Evidence and guideline-based screening program for risk assessment of Down syndrome and other aneuploidies in first trimester
- Follows FMF (UK) guidelines with FMF accredited analyzers for prenatal screening
- All maternal markers analyzed – free hCGβ, PAPP-A, PlGF, AFP, uE3, Inhibin-A on PerkinElmer’s AutoDELFIA® platform, are CE-marked
- Graphical interpretation of results with PerkinElmer’s clinically validated LifeCycle® screening management software
- Risk interpretation based on MoMs of Indian population developed by screening more than 6 lakh pregnancies over the years
DBS: Simple. Safe. Efficient. Practical.
Our DELFIA®/AutoDELFIA® PAPP-A/Free hCGß Dual DBS (dried blood spot) assay supports easier access to prenatal screening in regions where storage and shipment of serum samples can be a challenge. The sampling process is simple and the blood spot is obtained by finger-prick.
- Simplified sample collection and storage
- Improved sample stability
- Same detection efficiency as first-trimester serum assay for Down syndrome
- No requirement of centrifugation
- A practical solution for safe sample transport – No risk of lysis or leakage; minimal risk of contamination or biohazard during sample transport
Reporting: Where quality is paramount!
Follows FMF (UK) protocols and guidelines along with stringent regular evaluation by international Quality Assurance Schemes (UK NEQAS, CAP, PMF Taiwan) and stringent audit by NABL and CAP, allowing us to provide quality reports and results – which is also known to be the hallmark to our quality standards. PerkinElmer uses the technology and algorithm which is clinically proven and validated by 23 population- based studies, including 2 NIH-sponsored studies examining over 260,000 pregnant women.