PerkinElmer provides pre-test and post-test genetic counseling by trained counselors in the field of prenatal testing. Our counselors work extensively with clinicians and also extend their services to patients on case to case basis.
Prenatal counseling is offered when a fetus is suspected to be affected with a genetic condition or has a family history of a genetic disorder or is identified with indications such as:
- Abnormal physical features or birth defects on the ultrasound in the 1st or 2nd trimester
- Abnormal biochemical screen in the 1st or 2nd trimester.
- Invasive prenatal testing results are indicative of an underlying genetic condition
- Family history of a genetic condition
- Couples having a previously affected child with a birth defect or a genetic disorder.
Clinicians can contact our counselors while opting for genetic testing at PerkinElmer.
Reporting of the results to the clinicians will be done by our counselors.